BENGHAZI ANNIVERSARY HURTS WHITE HOUSE PUSH TO WIN SYRIA SUPPORT

Fox News on September 8, 2013, reported that the Obama administration’s effort to win support for a punitive military strike on Syria is facing opposition and criticism in part because of its handling of the fatal Benghazi terror attacks, which occurred one year ago on September 11, 2012. Excerpts below:

Federal prosecutors last month filed the first criminal charges related to the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on the U.S. outpost in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans were killed.

The sealed charges are against Libyan militia leader Ahmed Abu Khattalah. Though he has given interviews with several major news outlets, Khattalah has not been taken into custody. And others seen with Khattalah in videos from the outpost’s security cameras also have not been found by authorities.

“We’ve been very clear that we will hold those people who carried out this dastardly, heinous attack against our people to account,” White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough told “Fox News Sunday.” “You know what the United States does? We track every lead until we …can accomplish what we say we will do.”

Other issues related to the 2012 attack in which U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed included whether the administration was up-front with Americans about intelligence reports. Officials said at first that the attacks appeared to be in response to an anti-Islamic video, then acknowledged they were terror related.

“When it happened, [President Obama] promised to hunt down the wrong-doers,” Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz said on ABC’s “This Week.” “Yet a few months later, the issue has disappeared. You don’t hear the president mention Benghazi. Now it’s a phony scandal. We ought to be defending U.S. national security and going after radical Islamic terrorists.”

Now administration officials are trying to convince Americans and Capitol Hill lawmakers that Syrian President Bashar Assad ordered an Aug. 21 attack on his own people and his forces used the deadly nerve gas sarin. Nearly 1,500 of Assad’s own people were killed in the attack.

In July, Capitol Hill Republicans sent a letter to new FBI Director James Comey urging him to take action.

“It has been more than 10 months since the attacks,” states the letter, spearheaded by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz. “We appear to be no closer to knowing who was responsible today than we were in the early weeks following the attack. This is simply unacceptable.”

Tags: , , , , ,

4 Responses to “BENGHAZI ANNIVERSARY HURTS WHITE HOUSE PUSH TO WIN SYRIA SUPPORT”

  1. Business Says:

    Business

    BENGHAZI ANNIVERSARY HURTS WHITE HOUSE PUSH TO WIN SYRIA SUPPORT | Världsinbördeskriget

  2. Air Max Says:

    Hello there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

  3. Michael Kors Outlet store Says:

    Good article. I’m experiencing some of these issues as well..|
    Michael Kors Outlet store http://www.demigraphics.com/

  4. ヴィヴィアンウエストウッド アウトレット Says:

    It’s awesome to pay a visit this site and reading the views of all colleagues concerning this article, while I am also eager of getting familiarity.|

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: